Are you trying to set up Facebook Pixel with Google Tag Manager to track the conversion and visitors data? If “Yes” In this blog, I will walk you through How to set up Facebook Pixel with Google Tag Manager step by step.
First, you need to understand about Facebook Pixel.
What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel is a java scripted shortcode that you use into your website. It collects the information when a user visits your website and takes an action (called an event) that you want to track is called Conversion. You can track conversions through Facebook Ads Manager and Facebook Analytics.
You can install the Facebook Pixel Code with the two methods.
- Install the code into Website header page.
- Add the Facebook Pixel Code through Google Tag Manager
Here I will explain Facebook Pixel Setup with Google Tag Manager.
Before that, you need to know about Google Tag Manger.
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager manages all the tags without editing codes & It delivers simple, reliable, easily integrated tag management solutions. You can easily integrate third-party tags through it.
Why use it:
Google Tag Manager supports all third party tags which you can easily add or change them as needed. It also helps to make your website loading faster.
How does It work?
It has full access over how your tags are defined and fired and control when and how your tags fire to get all of the data you need.
Now I come on the Action Point
How to set up Facebook Pixel Code with Google Tag Manager
Watch the full video here:
First, we go to Facebook Ads Manager where we will get the pixel code
- Go to the Facebook Business Manager
- Click on the icon
- Click on the Event Manager
4. Click on the data source
5. As you click on that then pop up window like this:
6. Click on the Web
7. Click on the tab and connect
8. Click on continue
9. Click on Install Code Manually
10. Copy the code
Now you have to open the Google Tag Manager
11. Go to Google Tag Manger
12. Click on the Tags and click on the new button
13. Put the name what you want to setup for
14. Click on the Navigation Icon
15. After choosing custom HTML code, paste Facebook Pixel code
16. Click on Triggering icon (what you want to take action type) you can choose trigger type (page view, links, user engagement or custom event). For all page views
17. Click on the Submit button
After submitting the tags.
Now come to Chrome extension search bar and type Facebook Pixel Helper
The Facebook Pixel Helper is a tool that helps you validate your Facebook Pixel. With the tool, you can verify your pixel works properly, troubleshoot common errors, and learn how to improve performance.
18. Go to Facebook Analytics to check the data is receiving or not.
With the Facebook Pixel Code, you can track your user journey who visit your website, create further market strategies and remarket your visitors.
If you have any queries regarding Facebook Pixel Setup. Please leave your queries in the comment box.